PDO THREADS in Westlake Village
A Non-Surgical Facelift Alternative To Restore Your Natural Beauty
Do you ever look in the mirror and use your fingers to gently lift your cheeks, jawline or brows? The enhanced appearance from lifting sagging skin is remarkable, but facelifts can be very invasive, expensive and risky.
Advancements in aesthetic medicine have introduced the PDO thread lift, a non-surgical, safer, more affordable, less invasive approach to rejuvenating the face.
At NACMD, we stand at the forefront of medspa advancement. Located in Westlake Village, we offer state-of-the-art treatments and cutting-edge procedures. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of safety and attention-to-detail, so your PDO thread lift will be performed exclusively by board-certified Anesthesiologist, Dr. Farrell, never a nurse or physician’s assistant.
Dubbed the ‘lunchtime facelift’, PDO thread lifts require no incisions, no downtime and take about 45 minutes. You can tighten fine lines, wrinkles, the sagging of the cheeks, brows, neck, under eye area, crow’s feet, jawline, and almost any other area of the face.
To stimulate your own collagen production, we insert polydioxanone (PDO) threads underneath the facial skin with a small needle. These fine, dissolvable, medical-grade threads act as anchors and lift the skin upward. They activate the body’s natural healing response to stimulate collagen, which helps improve the skin’s firmness, texture and elasticity for a naturally youthful result.
Results are visible immediately post-procedure and will continue to improve as weeks pass and more collagen results in firmer skin. Optimal results can be seen 6 months out. You can opt to repeat the procedure after 9 months to continue stimulating your natural collagen production. You may also want to explore the benefits of facial fillers to complete your beauty transformation and enhance the benefits of the PDO thread lift.
PDO thread lifts involve 3 different kinds of threads. Each type serves a specific purpose in the lifting and tightening process:
- Smooth threads promote collagen production in the treatment area surrounding the thread. They can be crisscrossed to tighten skin into the desired position, providing structural support, resulting in a gradual lifting and tightening effect..
- Twisted threads also known as cog threads act as anchors, allowing for a more pronounced lifting and tightening effect. They are used in areas with more significant sagging, such as the jawline or neck.
- Barbed threads combine the benefits of both smooth and twisted threads for a powerful lifting effect. They are used in areas with severe sagging or to address specific concerns, such as nasolabial folds or marionette lines. They offer immediate and noticeable lifting results.
Dr. Farrell will determine the type and placement of your threads based on a customized treatment plan, designed to meet your aesthetic goals, based on your skin condition and the areas being addressed.
You may be a good candidate if you are looking for the following:
- Natural results: The gradual lifting creates a more natural appearance, avoiding the pulled, overdone look often associated with a traditional facelift. It also allows for the preservation of facial expressions, because PDO threads work beneath the surface, leaving the natural dynamics of your face intact.
- Safe: PDO threads are made from polydioxanone, a biocompatible material that has been used in various medical procedures for many years. It has a proven safety record and is well-tolerated by the body. The procedure is non-surgical, which reduces the associated risks and complications. The threads are inserted through small needle punctures, minimizing the potential for scarring and infection.
- Less expensive: Surgical facelifts require the use of general anesthesia and operating room staff and facilities, which can significantly contribute to the overall cost. PDO thread lifts, on the other hand, are less invasive, require less recovery care and can be performed in an outpatient setting. The cost of a PDO thread lift varies on a patient-by-patient basis, depending on the treatment area and the type and number of threads used.
- Gradual, lasting results: Peak results are noticeable about 6 months after your procedure, and may last for up to 2 years.
- Comfortable and quick procedure: We use local and topical anesthetics to ensure patient comfort during this quick procedure. Most patients are in and out of our office within an hour.
- Minimal downtime: You can return to your daily activities right after your appointment. The procedure involves no incisions, so there are no scars left behind. Patients experience only minor discomfort, such as mild, temporary bruising or swelling after their appointment.
Contact NACMD in Westlake Village for Industry-Leading Beauty-Enhancing Procedures
A board-certified physician with over 16 years of experience, Dr. Farrell understands the importance of delivering high-quality and effective cosmetic procedures. That’s why we provide many non- and minimally invasive beauty services to address your specific aesthetic concerns. Call us at 805-870-4487.
Reshape Your Confidence
Get in touch with us today to request an appointment or to speak to our staff.